Monday, September 16, 2013

Among the missed opportunities

Amazingly, after posting the music video I made from footage of my son training for his first high school baseball season, I did nothing to journal that season.  All I have to say is, "it was wonderful."  Arbolito captained the freshman baseball team in a campaign that saw them regularly play against mixed-class teams (albeit non-varsity) and finish with a .500 record.  He was a fire-starter hitting at the top of the order, was flawless in centerfield, made five strong, almost dominant appearances on the mound. This is Arbolito at 14 throwing back to back three-up/three-down innings at Bellevue High School.

When I enrolled Arbolito in select youth baseball after his super 11U PONY season, I only sought to get him prepared to be a good high school baseball player.  I thought that as with many things, as the competition matures, the game passes many players by and attrition sets in. I wondered when that would occur for Arbolito.  Thankfully the answer is a resounding "not yet." If anything, his game, physicality, and athleticism continue to improve. As such, he has already far exceeded his father as an athlete and I admire him to no end.  Thanks Arbolito for sticking it in and hammering away.


No comments:

Post a Comment