Thursday, April 4, 2013

On the road to 10000 hours: a video tribute

First, allow me to apologize for lagging another couple of months before posting to the blog.  I actually have way too much to blog, and as with many things, some times having too much of a good thing is not good.  For instance, I keep finding new sources of independently-produced music that, well, is far more listenable than anything the RIAA ever lorded over.  And folks seem really eager to give it away for free.  That doesn't stop me from donating a few bucks to the young guys making this music so that they can buy better laptops, drum machines, and keyboards, so they can cut more beats.

On the sporting front, baseball season is underway.  Readers familiar plain old dad's family know very well that our lifestyle revolves around tres_arbolito's baseball seasons.  He's passionate about playing, practicing, training, learning, and playing even more.  He has big aspirations and works unbelieveably hard to build the foundation on which to begin his climb to meet them.  At nearly 15, he's begun seeing some of his old teammates and friends leave the game, or lose the passion that once fired their play.  In the face of such loss, he put his head down and blasted through an incredibly dense off-season beginning in September 2012 and culminating in his first high school baseball tryouts the last week of February 2013.

Thinking I might one day want to relive this passage of effort, I recorded a lot of it.  Then I started to play around with the simple movie-making software on our most recent PC.  I discovered that with the correct permissions, I could add a layer of sound incorporating some of the music I found so inspiring this winter. 

And so, with extreme thanks to Seattle's producer duo, Odesza, for their wonderful track "How Did I Get Here?", the result of my first foray in video-making. Please enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment